No Wrap Wraps
Updated: Jun 22, 2020
These lettuce wraps are a great option for lunch. They're healthy, gluten-free, low-carb, light, and packed with flavors and textures. Healthy and flavorful is a thing guys!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Now I love a good tortilla wrap, but lettuce wraps have changed the game!
This is a great meal prep option. Imagine sitting on your porch, on a nice day, the Sun is out, the air is fresh and you pair your delicious wraps with our Honey Ginger Lemonade? I painted the scene, now all that you have to do is make it!
The baked Chicken is combined with Green Onions, Shredded Carrots, Red Cabbage (it's really purple... but I didn't get to pick the name guys), Black Sesame Seeds, Teryaki Sauce and freshly squeezed Lime.
1. (1) pack of 10-12 Chicken Tenderloins (diced)
2. (3) Cloves of garlic (minced)
3. (2) Tbsp of oil
4. (2) slices of Fresh Ginger Root
5. (2) Tbsp of Honey
Ingredients for Toppings:
2. Shredded Carrots
3. Red Cabbage
4. Sesame Seeds
Ingredients for Wraps:
1. Head of Lettuce
1. Teryaki Sauce
Simple Ingredients & Bold Flavors
What Do I Do?:
1. Clean and peel the lettuce or cabbage, set it to the side
2. Clean and chop half of the red cabbage, set it to the side
3. Clean and chop 3/4 of the green onions, set it to the side
4. Take the shredded carrots out of the bag, set it to the side
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the oil, the ginger root, honey, garlic & then mix in the chicken. Set it to the side.
5. Heat up a cast iron skillet ( preferred) on high heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil. As soon as the oil gets hot, add the chicken tenders. Cook for 5 minutes, & then turn over and start cooking the other side.
6. Cook until both sides are slightly charred. It takes 10-12 minutes for the chicken tenders to be done.
7. As soon as they are done, remove them from heat and let them settle for on cutting board.
8. Slice the chicken.
9. Place the chicken in the wraps.
10. Top the wraps with Green Onions, Shredded Carrots, Red Cabbage, Black Sesame Seeds, Teryaki Sauce and freshly squeezed Lime. Enjoy!